Diploma in Hotel Management is one among the popular undergraduate courses offered by institutions in India. The duration of the course is 3 years. The main objective of the course is to provide technical knowledge and skills in diverse aspects of hotel management. The course study enables the candidate to gain adequate managerial and hospitality skills to meet the ever-growing demands of the hotel and tourism industry. Apart from these features, the course helps the candidate to build a good career in hospitality or service sector. The bachelor level course offers adequate entrepreneurial flair and commercial insight in candidates to start up their own ventures. The same shapes the professional and hospitable attitude in students to demonstrate their professional skills in the industry.
With India being one of the most popular travel destinations, the government too is encouraging and investing in the development of industries. It combines management theory with hands-on hospitality courses, professional internships and a business specialization.
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry with a huge growth potential in the near future. The demand for hotel management professionals is already huge and is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels being set up in India and all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in hotel management has become lucrative and exciting, attracting more and more students to opt for it
- 10+2 with English (In any Stream)
- 3 Years
- Admission can be taken directly on merit/marks basis or through AGI(CET)
“Students Who Aspire To Take Up A Career In Hotel Management Industry Should Possess Qualities Like Good Communication, Sense Of Humor And Pleasing Personality. But The Qualities That We Inculcate In The Students During The Course Are Practical Knowledge, Personality And Communication Skills. We Aim At Making Students Active, Hard Working and Presentable”
Hotel Management Diploma Holders /Graduates Can Find Good Jobs In
There are many exciting jobs opportunities for hotel management graduates with the increasing competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has many departments such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. one can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Apart From Jobs In Hotels And Restaurants, Hotel Management Diploma Holders /Graduates Can Find Good Jobs In:
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations (for eg: state tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self employment (as an entrepreneur)
Higher Education After Hotel Management & Catering Technology
They Can Get Into The Following B.Tech And B.E Courses Via Lateral Entry.
- Masters in Hospitality Management
- Masters in Tourism
- MBA in Hotel Management