M. Sc. Mathematics
Mathematics is the core heart of science, engineering, and technology, as well as being an indispensable problem-solving and decision-making tool in many other areas of life. The program (applied mathematics ) offers an environment where you can specialize in modern mathematical techniques, working closely with other academic disciplines such as physics, (industrial) engineering, logistics, and computer science. Applied mathematics distinguishes itself from pure mathematics in its own development from interaction with related fields such as physics, astronomy, chemistry, biology, economics and computer science.
- Ideal for mathematically inclined scientists and engineers as well as mathematicians
- Extends your knowledge and refines your abilities to process information accurately, critically analyse and communicate complex ideas
- Develops an enhanced skill set that you will put at an advantage in careers as well as in mathematics, education, computer science, economics, engineering and finance. Structure of the Programme:
Graduation with Mathematics 50%
Admission can be taken directly on merit/marks basis or through AGI(CET)
Fee Structure For M.Sc Mathematics Session 2021-22
The tuition fee for M.Sc Mathematics is INR 20,000/- per Sem.
Students in this field can get work in government sector, financial sector in private firms and Universities. Work profile can be of Actuarial professional, Teacher, Database Manager, and External Auditor. Average starting salary after doing this course can be around 4-5 lakh per annum and can grow up after gaining some experiences.
How Is M.Sc. Mathematics Course Benificial?
- The degree course gives good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.Phil. and Ph.D. for research work.
- They can go for accountancy and business services, banking, investment and insurance, government and public administration.
- They can find work in Government Statistical Service, the National Health Service,Local councils, pharmaceutical industry, insurance companies, banks, accountancy firms, univercities, colleges and schools.
- They can become teacher in schools and can open their own coaching centres related to their academic subjects.
M. Sc. Mathematics Job Types
- Teacher or Professor
- Quantitative Risk Analyst
- Mathematical Analyst
- Equity Quantitative Analyst
- Director – Statistical Programming
- Quantitative Developer
- Managing Editor-Computer Science and Mathematics
- Assistant/Associate Manager Mathematics
- Mathematics Specialist
- Assessment Developer Mathematics
- Mathematics Subject Matter Expert
Higher Education After M. Sc. (Mathematics)
- M. Phil. (Mathematics)
- Ph. D. (Mathematics)