MSc in Zoology – Master of Science Zoology
MSc in Zoology – Educational Objectives
MSc in Zoology is a program that deals with the study of animals, including the structure, embryology, advancement, arrangement, habits, and distribution; all topics are considered for both living and extinct animals. Zoology portrays creatures and their territories, New life systems, investigations of the design of creatures as given below:
- Animal Physiology
- Behavioral environment
- Ethology (the investigation of creature conduct). The different systematically situated disciplines such as mammalogy, herpetology, ornithology character and order species and studies the designs and instruments explicit to those gatherings.
Zoology is the branch of biology that deals with animals and animal life, including the study of the structure, physiology, development, habits and classification of the animals.
It encompasses all aspects of scientific knowledge about animals. It has many branches like Entomology, Fisheries etc.
M.Sc. Agronomy : B.Sc.(Agriculture) with minimum 50%
Admission can be taken directly on merit/marks basis or through AGI(CET)
Fee Structure For M.Sc Zoology Session 2021-22
The tuition fee for M.Sc Zoology is INR 25,000/- per Sem.
Once completion of M.Sc Zoology, students interested in research can opt for Ph.D.Various government departments such as the UPSC, SSC, State PSC, etc conducts examination for recruitment of the candidates. Many opportunities are available in the forensic science department also. Research field can lookout for an opening in BARC, ISRO etc.
- Candidates after completing the course can enter any field of biological and biomedical research.
- They can become researchers, teachers and can be trained in any fields of biology within a short duration. If their past learning outcome is excellent they are at for doing any job in biomedical field.
- They have also job scopes in the media or the environmental and ecosystem management sector.
- They have also scopes of career in environmental consulting field in private sector.
There are unlimited career opportunities in which MSc Zoology graduates can look forward. Various private sector firms’ specially chemical as well as pharmaceutical companies recruit huge M.Sc Zoology post graduates. The demand for these post graduates is increasing day by day due to the faster growth of the industries.
- Colleges & Universities
- Zoos & National Parks
- Agriculture Sector
- Food Parks
- Biotechnology Companies
- Plant Research Centres
Higher Education After M. Sc. (Zoology)