M. Sc. Zoology
Zoology is the branch of biology that relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct Although the study of animal life is ancient, its scientific incarnation is relatively modern. Zoography, also known as descriptive zoology, describes animals and their habitats. Comparative anatomy studies of the structure of animals as given below :
• Animal Physiology
• Behavioral ecology
• Ethology (the study of animal behavior). The various taxonomically oriented disciplines as mammalogy, herpetology, ornithology identity and classify species and studies the structures and mechanisms specific to those groups.
M.Sc. Agronomy : B.Sc.(Agriculture) with minimum 50%
Admission can be taken directly on merit/marks basis or through AGI(CET)
Fee Structure For M.Sc Zoology Session 2021-22
The tuition fee for M.Sc Zoology is INR 25,000/- per Sem.
Once completion of M.Sc Zoology, students interested in research can opt for Ph.D.Various government departments such as the UPSC, SSC, State PSC, etc conducts examination for recruitment of the candidates. Many opportunities are available in the forensic science department also. Research field can lookout for an opening in BARC, ISRO etc.
- Candidates after completing the course can enter any field of biological and biomedical research.
- They can become researchers, teachers and can be trained in any fields of biology within a short duration. If their past learning outcome is excellent they are at for doing any job in biomedical field.
- They have also job scopes in the media or the environmental and ecosystem management sector.
- They have also scopes of career in environmental consulting field in private sector.
There are unlimited career opportunities in which M.Sc graduates can look forward. Various private sector firms’ specially chemical as well as pharmaceutical companies recruit huge M.Sc Zoology post graduates. The demand for these post graduates is increasing day by day due to the faster growth of the industries.
- Colleges & Universities
- Zoos & National Parks
- Agriculture Sector
- Food Parks
- Biotechnology Companies
- Plant Research Centres
Higher Education After M. Sc. (Zoology)